Friday, September 21, 2012

Win an iPad from ShareTown

Hello, and welcome to ShareTown. We’re currently in beta and would love your help testing our site and in return for helping us we’re offering one lucky person a free iPad. All you have to do is:
  • Post one item for rent at: ShareTown.com
  • Post a comment on this blog post, listing at least one thing you liked about the process and one thing you’d like to see improved. (basically, tell us about your experience so we can make it better!)
  • You will receive one entry for each item you post on ShareTown, so the more you post, the better chance you have until November fifteenth to participate.
You can post almost anything, but here’s a few ideas of items you could post for rent on our site: bicycles, rotor tiller, lawnmower, golf clubs, sewing machine, baby gear, electronics, etc. You have until the November Fifteenth to participate. Thank you for your help!

4 comments:

1. This contest has concluded. Comments from old blog follows

ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie on September 23, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

I didn’t like how i had to give personal information, like my phone number and address. I also didn’t like that I couldn’t move forward without posting a picture. Other than that, I liked how the process was pretty simple and straightforward.

admin on September 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

Thanks for the input. We appreciate it!

Whitney on September 26, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

I love this idea! The web site is great, easy to use and understand.

Brooke on September 27, 2012 at 1:17 am said:

I thought the process was easy……..it took me less than five minutes! I wasn’t very happy about giving my phone number…..hence the fake number. I figure anyone can contact me thru my email, since I look at it daily! Other than that……..process was smooth, pleasant and instructions were very easy to follow…….

Cindy on September 27, 2012 at 5:19 am said:

Pretty user friendly. I think you should have the option of posting a picture or not.

admin on October 2, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

Thanks for the input.

Jeff Murray on September 27, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

I don’t like the idea of having my personal information (address, cell phone) etc. available for anyone. I understand that it is necessary to rent the product, but I would much rather be able to share that information on as needed basis once I find someone that is interested in the product to rent. I also didn’t see where I could add insurance to my product.

I think the idea itself is a great concept. I have many items that are just laying around and if I can make some money by lending them out, excellent!

Chris on September 27, 2012 at 6:02 pm said:

Seemed easy to setup – there may be a little too much personal data required during the setup process. But I can see how some of it would be necessary if people need to know where you live or how to contact you in order to rent the item/s.

Chris on September 27, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

Second time posting was super smooth and easy! I forgot to name my item that I posted and didn’t notice it until after I posted the item. So it may be good to have it a required field before you post an item. That may make it easier to find items.

Joel on October 2, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

Looking good guys! The process is simple and smooth. Was not able to upload a picture (button seems to be disabled) so was unable to post an item. Agree with the personal info…may want to have that optional or have the option to display each piece of info or not. Video did not show on my box today, but did get the sound. Great idea and will be a great place as it continues through development!

admin on October 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm said:

Thank you for your input. We’re looking into the technical issues you experienced.

Chris on October 2, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

Tried to post an item via my mobile device (andriod phone). Everything went great until I tried to post the item/send request, but the item did not post. Although there is not a specific mobile app – everything still ran great until I tried to post the item.

I also tried to rent an ATV and that ran well too – so far so good. I will try to post an item again via my phone.

admin on October 2, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

Thanks for the input, we’ll look into the problem.

ReplyDelete
  3. Chris on October 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

Tried to post another item via my phone – Everything ran great this time. I think I was missing a required category last time (product type). Once I selected the product type and clicked the Send Request button the item posted right away. It was able to pull a picture from my phone which was also good to see. Thought I would try to post something via my phone as I would see myself using my phone to find or post an item more than my computer.

So far so so good!

Chris on October 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

If I select to Promote My Ad as a “featured ad” where does my ad show up?

I posted one last item for the day – a cabin. Everything went great – I like being able to post a video if needed as well. The video runs without any issues or stalling. Easy and simple (KISS)!

Matt on October 22, 2012 at 4:45 am said:

I really like the idea behind the site. I was able to sign up and post an item for rent without issue. I feel like the amount of required fields were a bit much and would probably deter me from signing up.

Once a user is logged into the site, I think it would be great if the homepage displayed dashboard information (i.e. what I have listed, what I am renting, what other have rented from me, due dates for those items, alerts, etc..). As a user that is really what I would like to see first when I login.

Jill on October 25, 2012 at 10:57 pm said:

I really like the idea of renting, especially for things that I would most likely only use once and could get them easily. I like the multiple option for photos. I like the ability to fully describe items.
    I think the map & address should be withheld until a ‘contract’ & payment has been established. I think just a first name of owner should only be available to prevent stalking &/or theft. While the multiple photo option is great, it is very difficult to change the order of which photo is where. In editing, the photos should open to see what the content is. The photos that are posted are cropped smaller so you can’t see the entire image.
    I posted items with multiples of the same things; ie, 20 vases. There should be an option to be able to rent a smaller amount of those items; ie, 10 vases.
    A delivery option should be made available to the renter and purchased through the site. The delivery price should be set by the owner and be based upon distance per delivery.

admin on October 25, 2012 at 11:13 pm said:

Thank you for your suggestions, we have taken note and are looking to make some changes.

Lulitha on November 1, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

Works well! It is not obvious, touhgh. Will new users know to click on the yellow bubble or time stamp?Within the thread itself, perhaps you can put the same yellow bubble next to the title of the thread to keep things consistent? Maybe a yellow bubble with a down arrow?

ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie on November 15, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

I’m not sure why its necessary to have our first AND last name listed where our item is listed. I would rather have just my first name listed for privacy reasons. I liked that the second time posting an item was much quicker

Melanie on November 15, 2012 at 5:45 pm said:

When I clicked on highlight your item, it seems that the pricing along with number of days to be highlighted are not correct. Or some explanation of the pricing needs to be added.

admin on November 15, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

Thank you for your suggestion, we will look into this.

Melanie on November 15, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

If I don’t click on and set a delivery fee, is it implied that I will not deliver or is it implied that I will deliver and won’t charge for it? Maybe an option for “I will not deliver” would help solve this

admin on November 15, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Yes, the delivery fee is only meant if someone doesn’t want to pick up the item, it can be delivered to them for an additional cost.

Melanie on November 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm said:

the click down menu next to sub category (select product type) only has one option: other. Seems like this is unnecessary.

Melanie on November 15, 2012 at 6:09 pm said:

It might help to explain why it is necessary to put in the value of the item. Maybe a little icon below that they can click on would help. Is the reason for insurance purposes in case the item is lost or stolen? In any case, how important is it that the value is accurate? Because people can be extremely inaccurate in guessing the value of their used items and they may “value” it way more (or less) than it is actually worth

Melanie on November 15, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

Instead of putting the product location, what about putting a meeting place location to deliver the item? Seems like those looking to steal would find it easy with this website. When I buy or sell an item on Craigslist, I always meet in a public place, like a grocery store. Maybe giving an option for your address or a public place to meet would make people feel more comfortable with using your site

admin on November 15, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

Good idea. Thanks.

Melanie on November 15, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

I really like the look and ease of your website. I like that on the my Account page, I have everything there easily accessible. I like that I can see how many people viewed my items. I like that I can see all of my items together, etc I like all the information that is right there on the My Account page. Very clear and organized!

ReplyDelete